In July 2013 I had the privilege of kayaking on Hecate Strait and visiting Haida Gwaii. We have posted some of our photos for you to enjoy.
- Leaving Rose Harbour for Hecate Strait
- Orca whale entertaining our group!
- Amazing to see these orcas approaching (a bit unnerving too!)
- This was without a doubt a transformative place.
- Mist and a cool morning followed by brilliant sunshine.
- The elements have taken their toll but the totems are still amazing pieces of First Nations and Haida culture.